Qualification Check is committed to ensuring your personal information is protected. This privacy notice describes how Qualification Check, collects, uses and protects your information.
How we collect your information
The information we collect comes either directly from you when you choose our I’mVerified service, or your prospective employer uses our Global Verification service to verify your qualifications.
We also collect your information when you create an account to use our service as a business user.
The type of information we collect
We collect the following type of information:
- If you use our I’mVerified service we will collect your first name, middle name, last name, date of birth, email address and qualification details.
- When an organisation provides your information, we collect first name, middle name, last name, date of birth and qualification details.
- If you are a business user, we collect first name, last name, business email address and telephone number.
How we use your information
We lawfully process your information to fulfil our contract with you or the organisation verifying the qualification. We rely on your consent to share with the relevant academic institutions and for our overseas teams to assist in the verification process. We use your information in the following ways:
- If we have a connection to the relevant university or institution, to automatically verify your qualification.
- If we have no connection but the relevant university or institution is known to us, our system will generate an email to the relevant point of contact requesting verification.
- If the relevant university or institution is not known to us, one of our agents will contact the relevant university or institution by email, phone or letter to request verification.
If you are a business customer, we process your information to fulfil the contract between us. We also process your information for the legitimate business interest of:
- Providing you with information you have requested and information on our services.
- Updating you on service.
- Sending relevant marketing material.
Who we will share your information with
We need to share your information with the relevant organisations, universities and institutions to verify your qualification, but we only do that with your consent.
Storing your information
Your personal information will be stored on systems owned or operated by QualificationCheck or those of our specific suppliers and will only be stored inside the European Economic Area (EEA), or a country approved by the EU.
Within Qualification Check your information will be stored on our secured systems in accordance with the Qualification Check Information Security Policy. Where your information is stored in countries outside the EEA or an approved country, we will ensure it is protected by encryption.
If we need to manually verify your qualification, this is carried out by our agents who are not based in the UK or EEA, but we will ask your consent to do that.
We retain your verification information for a maximum of 12 months.
How you can access your information
You have the right to request access to the information we hold about you. To make a request for your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Officer/Privacy Manager at [email protected]
You have the right to:
- Object to processing of personal data.
- Have inaccurate personal data rectified.
- Request your information be deleted or destroyed.
If you are not happy how we use your information or how we have responded to your request, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.
How we will tell you about future changes to this privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice will be put on our website. Please check for updates from time to time so you are always fully aware of what information is collected and how it is used.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Officer/Privacy Manager at [email protected]
Last updated: January 2023